Friday, January 8, 2010

Decorating My House - Getting Motivated

I really struggle with interior decorating.  My house is SO bland that it can sometimes get depressing.  I just really don't have a knack for coming up with cute ideas and can never seem to find the right things at the stores around here.  But I'm committing right here and now to start trying.  Some of this new found motivation is thanks to Ashley over at Make It and Love It.  She is starting a new Decorate My Home series and I'm going to use as many ideas of hers as I can.  She's got really cute ideas and always has great tutorials.

I think the winter is a great time to focus on decorating and any remodeling projects because usually January through May is a slower time, no vacations, too cold to go outside, etc.  If you decide to jump on the bandwagon and do some interior decorating yourself I'd love to hear about it!

With that being said, I'm going to tackle some curtains for the rooms in the downstairs part of my house.  Stay tuned for pictures of new curtains with, hopefully, semi-straight hem lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment