Monday, March 29, 2010

Bath Tub Toy Bag

I saw a simple and brilliant tutorial for a bath tub toy bag on Make It and Love It and knew I had to make it.  The toys are always left all over the bottom of the tub and it makes me squirm when I think about the yucky stuff that probably is growing on them.  Hopefully this new bag will help hinder the growth of unwanted slimy grime.

I took the tutorial just a bit farther and added three rows of ribbon instead of just the one. My rows of ribbon are VERY crooked.  The mesh material that I bought wasn't the same as the stuff used in the tutorial (because it was the only kind JoAnn Fabric had), so I had a little more difficulty working with it than I would have liked. The weave of the mesh was too loose and lightweight.  But it was still a very straightforward project.  I used my serger for the seams which helped speed things along too.

All in all, I highly recommend this project to all levels of sewers out there.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment