Monday, May 23, 2011

Unbelievable Chocolate Cake - Mel's Kitchen Cafe

Onto chocolate cake!  This cake recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe is SO GOOD.  Provided you don't have an overflowing mess in your oven like I did the first time I made it, it is already at the top of my list of chocolate cake recipes.  I've made it twice now, neither time turned out perfect, but both times it tasted delicious.  I can only imagine how good it will be when I finally master it.  It's dense and moist and has fantastic texture and flavor. I think I'd classify this cake as your basic traditional chocolate cake, boarding on a devils food chocolate cake. 

Chocolate cake testing is a harder one for me, since it's not my favorite kind of cake.  I know, that's almost blasphamous in the baking world, but there ya have it.  However, THIS chocolate cake has made me a fan.  I really did love it.  It will be hard to find something better that will top it.

No comments:

Post a Comment