Monday, May 2, 2011

Vanilla Cupcakes - Annie's Eats

This recipe for Vanilla Cupcakes comes from Annie's Eats.  I thought that since her red velvet was divine, that maybe I could go 2 for 2.  NOPE.  The recipe was VERY similar to the one I did from Amber's site, so I opted to add the lemon zest that this recipe said was optional.  I was hopeful it would add to the flavor.  It only slightly improved the flavor and the cupcake was too dry for my liking.  I cooked them for 15 minutes, so I know they weren't overdone.

To go with these cupcakes I made this Easy Vanilla Buttercream frosting, also from Annie's Eats.  I'm still unsure about this frosting.  I put it in the fridge for a couple hours after making it and then brought it almost all the way to room temp and tried to pipe it.  It was a little separated and difficult to pipe.  I have got it sitting at room temp again and will give it one more go before putting in the final verdict. The flavor is good, tastes like your standard sugary buttercream.  ***Update - this frosting just wasn't good enough.  Didn't make the cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment