Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vanilla Swiss Meringue Buttercream - Annie's Eats

The final frosting that I tried ended up being the one I went with.  It was another Swiss Meringue Buttercream from Annie's Eats, with just a few little changes from the first recipe I made.  This one had just the right combo of ingredients and turned out delicious.  I had my Grandma Ulmer at my house for the week I was finalizing the cupcakes and cake and it was so fun to have her tasting and testing with me.  She couldn't stop licking the beaters with this frosting, it was that yummy.

I made the frosting several times and I learned a lot along the way.  I found out that if you even have the tiniest drop of egg yok in your egg whites, a drop that you thought you took out but must not have gotten it all, the eggs won't whip up stiff.  In the end, I mastered it and the frosting turned out amazing.  It pipes wonderfully too.  It isn't too sweet and is light and creamy.  It's my new go-to frosting.  And I'm excited to take the recipe and add variations to it, like brown sugar, chocolate, peanut butter, strawberries, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment