Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grandma's Recipe Collection

My Grandma Ulmer is sending me all of her baking recipes that she has collected over her lifetime. YEAH!!! :0  Some of them date back to recipes that her Mother, my Great Granny Virgin, made.  I've decided to put them on this blog so that I have them forever.  This way they will also be accessible to the rest of the grand and great grand kids if they want them.  There are quite a few that hold sentimental memories from our growing up years too.

I'm going to label all the posts with "Grandma's Recipes" so they are easy to access all at once.  Until I try all of the recipes, I can't give any comments as to how easy or hard they are to make or what kinds of variations they can withstand.  I also am going to guess that some of the recipes will be harder to read/understand since they are handwritten on index cards and some have been around for quite some time.  I will do my best and will update them as I make them and get feedback from my Grandma where I can.

I'm so lucky to have these and I can't wait to try them all!!! Thanks Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment