Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie

*This recipe isn't very clear, so I'll definitely need to test it to put more definitive measurements around it and try to rescale it so that you don't have to make so much at once.  I'll do my best to interpret it to what makes the most sense.

8 cups pumpkin
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
3 cans Eagle grand sweetened condensed? milk
1 large and 1 small can evaporated milk
8 beaten eggs
2 tsp salt
4 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cloves

Pie Crusts

Mix all ingredients (except crust) together well and cover and let stand in fridge overnight (IMPORTANT STEP). 

Take pie filling out from the fridge the next day and pour into pie crusts.  (The recipe says it makes 2 - 9" AND 2 - 11" pies.  Not sure if that is suppose to say AND or OR.  I'll have to test it.)  You can make the pies and freeze them right in the pie tins if desired.  They go well from the freezer straight to the oven to bake.  This would be a nice time saver at Thanksgiving!

Bake the pie at 15 minutes on 400 degrees and then 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  (The recipe says it may need a little longer.)

Recipe Source: Fred Kalt (Fred is my uncle on my Mom's side of the family so I have no idea how my Grandma (my Dad's Mom) got this recipe from him, but there ya have it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment